- Paper fibres
Eco Benefits of the Materials
- The fibres and paper are from well-managed Scandinavian forests for the renewable choice
- The materials are taint and odour free.
- Using primary fibres in production requires less energy in production than regular plastics, and it is renewable and biodegradable.
- Surplus heat is provided to tens of thousands of nearby homes in local communities.
- BillerudKorsnäs cooperates with several non-profit organisations to make the oceans around the world plastic free again .
- BillerudKorsnäs performs LCA’s and EPD’s on their own products so consumers can compare the environmental performance of their products with conventional alternatives.
- The production cycle is 97% fossil fuel free (and striving towards 100%).
Through the merger of Billerud and Korsnäs, and Verso, Billerudkorsnas has more than 150 years experience in the forestry and paper industry. With expertise ranging from raw material to consumer insights and environmental concerns; unlocking the potential of paper and packaging solutions for the future. Over time, BillerudKorsnäs will create one of the most cost-efficient and sustainable production platforms in the industry.
Moving forward, the foundational elements of our strategy will not change. Specifically, we will shape a sustainable future, win with our people and act as one BillerudKorsnäs.
“Saving resources while developing ever smarter, renewable materials for high-performance packaging solutions.”
“Driven by the ambition for continuous improvement and diversity of perspectives, this has resulted in an agenda for tackling food waste, food security, littering, and complex packaging.”
GreenHive is not an official representative of Billerud. The information presented on the page is a summary of what can be found on their website. Contact the supplier directly for more details.