Common Crop Waste
Eco Benefits of the Materials
- The use of plant waste to create the products reduces the reliance on single-use plastic products.
- Increased end-of-life utility of materials
- Their packaging products are climate positive.
The products are 100% plant biomass from plant waste. No coating, laminates, binders or adhesives are added.
EcoWare® conducts its business to ensure that its products are safe for the environment and for people, as shown by the numerous certificates it has obtained:
- BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute, USA)
- European Bioplastics Seedling (EN 13432)
- OK Compost Industrial (EN 13432) TUV Austria
- Singapore Environment Council Green Label
- Aerobic Biodegradation ISO 17088 (Final)
- Bio Degradation EN 13432
- Food Contact Safe
- Heavy Metals Free (SGS)
- FSSAI Compliance (SGS)
- Odour & Taste Certified (SGS)
- National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI)
- Heavy Metals and Ash EN 13432 (merieux)
- PFAS Free (2) (SGS)
- PFAS Free (3) (Merieux)
- Eco Toxicity EN 13432 (Merieux)
Ecoware founder Rhea Mazumdar Singhal created the company in 2010, which was a time when plastic production and usage was growing due to cheap oil prices. There was little awareness of the harmful effects of plastic on the environment, human health, and animal health. Educational campaigns and programs to change consumer behavior were still scarce.
So, while the industries were leaning towards the use of plastic packaging, Rhea decided to disrupt the industry by innovating and creating an alternative that’s natural and healthy. She founded Ecoware to provide the most sustainable packaging possible.
Ecoware’s mission is grounded on 3 pillars:
“Of Earth. For Earth”
Using plants to create high quality products that are biodegradable and compostable.
“Make an Impact”
Contributing to positive environmental, social, and governance impact.
“Lead by Example”
Complying with global standards through rigid quality and testing procedures.